Did you know that if you live in St Lucie County that your tax dollars are going to fund Planned Parenthood, the nation’s largest abortion provider? What’s more, most of the programs funded teach Planned Parenthood’s version of safe sex. As you may know, Planned Parenthood views sex as a right of passage for all teenagers and believes that teens are the only ones who know when they are ready to have sex. This month, we are asking you to take two steps to defund Planned Parenthood in our community.
First: We hope to see you next week on Thursday, May 12, at 7:30-8:30 a.m. This month we will be picketing in front of the Children’s Service Council, 546 NW University Blvd, Suite 201, You will see our cars in the grass near the entrance to West Park Plaza (lt. blue office building near the south entrance to Mets Stadium in St. Lucie West. We will be picketing on University Blvd. from one corner to the other, California to Peacock.
We have a few extra signs – if you want to make your own, sign ideas listed below.
The Council meeting begins at 8:30 a.m. Please stay for the meeting if you can. If you have any questions about speaking at the meeting (3 minute limit) please contact me at 489-7745 or cell 579-9091.
Second: We recently made a request of letters to be written to the Director of Children’s Service Council. We need to letters to be mailed this week so they will be in the CSC office by Thursday, May 12. If you haven’t written your letter, please do so. This will only take a few minutes and will be a very valuable action.
You can write something like:
- “As a St. Lucie County taxpayer, I want you to know that I strongly oppose using tax dollars to fund Planned Parenthood for services to the Children’s Services Council.”
- “Planned Parenthood is a morally corruptible organization with a money trail I do not want my tax dollars going to.”
- “Planned Parenthood is the largest abortion provider in the United States and the organization has been linked to many controversial activities including covering up statutory rape, and child sex trafficking. I appreciate most of the programs that the CSC funds. However, as a St. Lucie County taxpayer, I am strongly opposed to your giving money to Planned Parenthood.”
Make sure the home address is below your name on the letter so you are identified as a St. Lucie County taxpayer.
Please ask your friends to send similar emails. You may also print out a few letters with envelopes addressed, and give them to friends to sign and send in.
Email your letter to:
Sean Boyle, CSC Executive Director.
Or if you prefer to write a letter in long-hand, mail to:
Sean Boyle, CSC Executive Director.
Children’s Services Council
546 NW University Blvd. Ste. 201
Port St. Lucie, FL 34986
Ideas for signs – I suggest getting the science display foam boards at Walmart
- Children’s Services Council – stop funding Planned Parenthood
- Your local tax dollars go to Planned Parenthood
- Martin Co. to PP – $000 St. Lucie Co. to PP $ 500,000 each year
- Planned Parenthood largest abortion provider in the U.S.
- Go to ExposePlannedParenthood.com to see videos (on my sign I put expose in red so it show up better)
- SL Co. taxpayers giving Planned Parenthood $500,000 each year
- No more of our taxpayer money going to Planned Parenthood
- No more tax funding for Planned Parenthood
- $1/2 million of our local taxes go to Planned Parenthood each year
- Planned Parenthood sex trafficking videos on liveaction.org
- We need fiscal responsibility not duplication of services
We are making progress!