In Genesis 2:18-24, we see that God created families to have one father and one mother however. Could it be that God knew what environment would best facilitate raising children? Could it be that children raised by both a father and a mother generally fare better than those raised by only the mother?
- More than twice as likely to be arrested for a juvenile crime;
- Three times more likely to end up in jail by the time they reach age 30
- Twice as likely to be treated for emotional and behavioral problems;
- Roughly twice as likely to be suspended or expelled from school; and
- A third more likely to drop out before completing high school.
- Girls from single-parent homes are more than twice as likely to have a child without being married, thereby repeating the negative cycle for another generation.
- Children living in single parent homes are 50 percent more likely to experience poverty as adults when compared to children from intact married homes.1